Saturday, June 04, 2005

Manchester - Just like tha'


The Beautiful British Butt...

Slept in, and then drove into Manchester again. It is a nightmarish city to navigate, with endless Motorways and A-roads vying for attention, yet no sign crying out "City Centre this way!" .

Lunch and really splendid coffee at Love Saves the Day in the Northern Quarter. Not much to say about the city itself, which appears to be a long way between face lifts and anti-litter campaigns. Some funky little spots like Afflecks Palace and LStD certainly worth returning to, but apart from some streets very very busy with foot traffic, many of the streets between between them were boarded up and gloomy.
Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese. And there are 5 people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother Colin. Or my younger brother Ho-Cha-Chu. - Tommy Cooper


No comments:

Post a Comment

Flickr slideshow