Monday, September 12, 2005

Stratford-on-Avon & Royal Leamington Spa

Weather was improving further but the household internet situation hadn't. I found that we'd have to deal with BT tech support...which is not 24x7, but 9-5 M-F ... truly useless for home users.

I took advantage of the dry to affix my new license plates, so the vehicle's transformation to Britmobile was complete.

Stratford-on-Avon is only 40 miles up the M40 , but after an hour perusal found that it was a very unattractive tourist-bus parking lot. We couldn't find a wireless hotspot to distract us, so made for our backup destination, the much more appealing Royal Leamington Spa.

The car being street-legal and Euro-ready, there was nothing holding me back from hitting the continent. Since David was heading to Naples for a week and then back to Nice to interview for some work, I made some plans to use this time well.

With a few friends in the Netherlands keen to see me, I planned on a 5 day stay in Amsterdam, then a two day journey to Nice where I could check out language schools in advance, using David's knowledge of the area as a guide. After that it would be off to Spain for my language classes in Salamanca.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flickr slideshow