Monday, December 05, 2005

La Rochelle

Managed a new circuit of the sea-ward side of the old town, and then a thundersome squall blew in and we took refuge in a brasserie. Bondi was very grateful to be allowed in so he could hide under my table.

The Spanish version of My Fair Lady has it that "La lluvia en Sevilla es una maravilla" but I haven't unearthed the French version*, and I'm not sure if the DVD subtitles reflect the English lyrics or new lyrics reflecting French phonetic problems.

*However I did find a discussion of the translation of the Hebrew version, which indicates that the famous song becomes Barad yarad bidrom sfarad haerev ("Hail fell this evening in southern Spain"). [What do you mean "did I look for this page intentionally?"?] Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flickr slideshow