Monday, January 23, 2006

Virginia Water

Chris and I took Bondi to Virginia Water, part of the Windsor Great Park, for several hours of leafy, lavendery, lolling and strolling.







I also did some follow-up work on my Dolgellau genealogical discoveries, checking for further evidence of the Ellis/William(s) twins of 1845. The Bishop's parish transcripts seem to confuse further, with Ellis William & Griffith Williams becoming Ellis Ellis & Griffith Ellis at time of baptism. I'm also wondering if birth and baptism dates have been confused or conflated. Anyway I'm fairly sure that Griffith Williams became Griffith Ellis, shoemaker, whose family at the 1881 census is visible. Ellis William->Ellis->Williams (my gg-grandfather) was probably too busy sorting out whether Ellis was his first or last name or both for a good period of his life. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Wow that looks so pretty, I gotta go there some time. Road trip!

    R2K

    ReplyDelete

Flickr slideshow