Saturday, February 04, 2006

CHIEN GENTIL - MAITRE LUNATIQUE

Checked into my new Parisian studio this afternoon. We're in a ridiculously central location at the lower end of Rue Montmartre near the Eglise de Saint-Eustache, moments from Les Halles and a few moments more from a bouquet of Parisian sights and smells. It's a bit smaller than the photos indicated, but more than adequate for man & beast. The lift is more like a tall dumbwaiter than something designed for carrying people - Bondi & I can *just* squeeze into it together.

I still have to sort out parking satisfactorily. The local parking station won't accept my foreign credit cards, and I will have to wait till Monday before I can purchase a monthly pass.

Wandered around the 1,2 and 4th arrondissements in the evening, getting bearings again and doing some light grocery shopping. I stayed close to here in December 2002 at the end of a Tablet PC customer research tour, so I know the general lay of the land.

We set out for dinner back in Le Marais, finding a decent restaurant somewhere along Rue Sainte-Croix-de-la-Bretonnerie. Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flickr slideshow