Saturday, February 25, 2006

The lion sleeps tonight

The lion sleeps tonight
This is how I found Bondi at lunchtime yesterday when I returned from class. He's usually on his blanket (spread over the bed) looking out the window, but that day he decided to wrap himself up in my pillow. Awwww.

My regular teacher, Celine, was absent for a funeral today so a couple of the other teachers filled in for her. Our final hour was spent going over the lyrics of a song Mon Vieux, sung by Daniel Guichard, during which we picked up some new vocabulary, a bunch of idiomatic expressions, and paved the way for the introduction of the past imperfect when Celine returns. I should get out some of my favourite CDs by Francoise Hardy, Jacques Brel* et al to see if I can comprehend any more lyrics.

*Brel is actually Belgian, like Tintin.

Grand Cerf  DSC04347

Next week should be quite different as about half the class are coming to the end of their time in Paris or at least their lesson time. This being week 11 for me (cumulatively for language-schools over the last 5 months), I'm used to the near-weekly change-over of students of all ages as they "get on and off the class" as if it were a bus or Métro carriage.

France's motto is the expression "Libertie, Egalitie, Fraternitie". We learnt that the unofficial motto of Paris is "Métro, Boulot, Dodo" ( subway, work, sleep ).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flickr slideshow