Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Osterley Park

Yesterday [Sunday] was split between computer-shopping and walking around Osterley Park, a National Trust property about 5 miles away from us in western London. We were originally intending to visit Syon House, having passed it on our Thames walk, but that property does not welcome dogs.

The Osterley grounds are pleasant, though unexceptional, marred by the M4 motorway providing a noisy background. As a matter of a trivia, the wall providing the background of the Wings album Band on the Run is at Osterley. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. The outside wall of Sammy's has a painted, unattributed inscription:

    Dear Inch must I leave you
    I have promises to keep
    Perhaps miles to go to my last sleep

    I also noticedthe inscription on Sammy's cafe at Inch. Now I have found this by Robert Frost. It's the last verse of his Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening.

    The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

    ReplyDelete

Flickr slideshow