Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Manly, high upon the rein of a wimpling wing


Visiting my old friend David in Manly today, I remarked that he now has the record for the most enduring property of any friends or family, as he has had his apartment overlooking North Steyne beach for the entire 24+ years I've known him.

After a nice lunch near the water, we both impressed the French waitress with notre Français (David having worked in Switzerland for a number of years, and who had actually given me my first French dictionary as a 21st birthday present). We did a little turn around the much revitalized centre of Manly, past the expanded ferry terminal, along the Corso and back up North Steyne. The beach was very busy with swimmers, sun-worshippers, volleyballers and a few kite-surfers traversing the beach at great speed.





1 comment:

Flickr slideshow