Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Back in the house

Another freebie night at the theatre, standing in for Phil at the premiere night of Alan Ayckbourn's Woman in Mind at the Opera House. Despite admirable performances, the twenty-year old play felt rather dated and predictable.

While I've been overseas, some structural alterations have been made to the western side of the Opera House, almost discernible in the photo above.




The next day I happened to drive past the first house I owned, which I'd sold prior to moving to Seattle with Microsoft in 1998. Despite being right under the flight-path to the third runway at Sydney's Kingsford Smith Airport, it was a lovely building with many warm memories. I dropped in to see the agent, who had sold the house for me back then and has probably sold it 3 times in between times. He took me through the place on Monday and showed me the renovations made in my absence.

Since I'd love to keep a foothold in this part of Sydney, I'm looking into buying the place back and renting it out until I return to Australia on a more permanent basis. With the prospect of some interesting work available by mid-2007, that may be sooner than I imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flickr slideshow