Tuesday, January 16, 2007

El lobo loco


2005 Clapham; 2006 Rue Mouffetard, Paris

I don't know if it's just the cool weather or some other factor at work, but over the last month or so, Bondi has been particularly frisky when we've been out during the day together. At times he seems so full of doggie joie de vivre, he gets an extra bounce, trotting along at my hip with his head turned up towards me - aren't you just having a wonderful time too!? or even as he did today, falling back then mischievously trying to squirm between my legs. Not what you'd expect of an 8 year old, 70kg dog.


Seattle 1998-2000
It's amazing that these huge dogs, bred for heavy duty hauling in severe Arctic conditions can turn into such clowns when the mood strikes. Conversely, I sometimes watch him sitting in a busy street, his complexion flickering between a woolly nobility, and a fragile concern for where I might be. At that point I might get a rumbing woo-woo, the famous malamute "talking" which is often the limit of their vocalisation, being rather quiet dogs. George Lucas' malamute Indiana inspired both Star Wars' Chewbacca and at least one other movie character of note.


1.Monmouth Coffee, Seven Dials
2.Harold Moores Records - looking for me, or assessing the Tovey Cello Concerto?



2004: Tasmania

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:22 am

    I have been reading your blog for over a year now and I really look forward to pictures of Bondi. I love the way he looks so sweet and fun! I can't believe he's 8 years old, hopefully he'll be around for another 8! Keep the pictures of him coming.

    ReplyDelete

Flickr slideshow