Wednesday, February 28, 2007

T-1.25 days


Piccadilly Line; Hyde Park Corner

I've had a thrilling few days packing for our Thursday departure, interrupted by an entertaining and informative weekend attending Words and Pix' travel writing course held at the King's College, Waterloo campus. My three tutors Ian, Sophie & Matt, distilled their professional experiences for a class of ~12 actual and would-be writers. Each day was followed-up by a great evening in a local pub, savouring the distillations of several vineyards and breweries.

Today Bondi and I were subjects of a 2hour photo shoot and interview in the vicinity of Hyde Park. I'll post details of appearances in any publications, as they come to me. One thing I learnt from my weekend course is that travel/lifestyle articles can rest in an editor's in-tray for many months.

Sometime over this period I also managed to read Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion, and Charles Stross' Glasshouse.
The new high-res "maps" of Sydney updated by Google recently show quite a bit of detail of those enjoying an afternoon on Bondi Beach.

1 comment:

  1. Have a brilliant time on the mainland Mike. I am soooooo jealous. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Flickr slideshow