Monday, July 02, 2007

The Great Malamute Mushing Mystery



I learnt today that flying Bondi back to Australia will cost twice as much as bringing him here. Like so much else, the numerical number of $AUD is the same as the number of £, even though the exchange rate is running at about 2.50. [silent scream]



Ignoring the awful weather we're having here in London, I took Bondi out to visit the Earls Court festival. This was a rather subdued affair, so we ended up walking up Old Brompton Road as far as Knightsbridge.

I was going to push on towards Buckingham Palace, but Bondi gave a very strong hint that he wanted to go home by dragging me over to the entrance of an Underground and refusing to go in any direction but down. If he has learnt that "tube = home" then this is a new development from him, and I assume that the smell of a tube station is the cue he has picked up. Earlier this year he started stopping next to outdoor tables at cafés as a hint that he wants a rest.

On a detour up Gloucester Road I stopped into a bookshop and found a fresh paperback copy of the the Mortdecai trilogy by Kyril Bonfiglioli that I'd enjoyed so much a few months ago. This week has seen the delivery of out-of-print copies of further Mortdecai stories: The Great Mortdecai Moustache Mystery and All the Tea in China. I read that Sacha Baron Cohen (aka Borat) was looking at playing Mortdecai in a film adaptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flickr slideshow