Thursday, September 13, 2007

So long and thanks for awful fish

A very low key day, without notable achievement. I set up my piano keyboard last night and tortured the memory of Chopin, Gershwin and others until I felt better.

Struggled to finish Adam Roberts' short novel "Splinter". It's a gloss on an obscure Jules Verne novel, "Hector Servadac" aka "Off on a Comet, although it owes a lot to a least a couple of Stanislaw Lem novels. Fittingly it's published by Solaris Books.

Quelled a craving for fish and chips by visiting the Paradise Cafe around the corner. I suspect the fish had been in paradise for so long it's an official greeter. But not for crustaceans: God Hates Shrimp.


After my attempted survey of the maze of Broughton thoroughfares in Edinburgh, Language Log looks at the bigger picture in Fifty Ways to Lose Your Lover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flickr slideshow