Sunday, January 20, 2008

I go to sleep and imagine that you're there


Now that I've begun work at Sunshine Desserts and life is starting on a new track for me, I think it's time to put El Loco & El Lobo in a box and tie a big colourful ribbon around it.

I might, very occasionally add a little something, but if I continue any blogging, it will be under new skies and a different mast. I can still be reached through the MIKENBONDI (AT) GMAIL.COM address or through the comments links.

In the meantime, dedicated to all the wonderful people, who over the course of 934 days of travel and some 820 blog posts, smiled at me, extended their hand in friendship, scratched Bondi's ears, gave us a place to sleep or a reason to smile, covered a rich coffee in a caramel crema, put an arm over a weary shoulder ... giving me 934 reasons to return.

When I look up from my pillow
I dream you are there with me
Though you are far away
I know you'll always be near to me

I go to sleep, sleep
And imagine that you're there with me
I go to sleep, sleep
And imagine that you're there with me

I look around me
And feel you are ever so close to me
Each tear that flows from my eye
Brings back memories of you to me

- Ray Davies (mp3)

9 comments:

  1. Such a shame...but understandable. I love that photo of you and Bondi in bed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to really miss my fix of El loco...I hope Bondi continues to improve and wish you both luck in your new adventures...thanks for the memories...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great blog, but yes, now it's a new phase in your life - and Bondi's. Love that pic of you guys in bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Panayiotis7:39 am

    Best Wishes to you both

    LovePeaceHarmony

    Panayiotis

    Barista Boy & Friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'm away for a while and now you are home and done with your traels! I LOVED seeing all the pictures of your travles. They were always soooo beautiful! I hope you have a wonderful new life in your new home and will continue to update us on your new adventures in your new permanent home!

    It has been wonderful following your travels!!

    Please stop in to my blog and say hi!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Genevieve7:48 pm

    That's such a sweet photo! I have a mal boy at home lazy around. Hope to be able to ask you some question about bringing dogs for travel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was wonderful to stop in and visit with you on some of your trips! I hope you will keep blogging. Maybe Bondi can get his own blog and join Dogs With Blogs (www.dogswithblogs.com.au) and get to know us. Right now, there are only 3 Malamutes in the group, so we need more!!

    Stop by and visit me some time!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Great blog! I've only just scratched the surface, but I promise to check out more of it now that i've found it. It looks amazing. My Jack Russell terrier has travelled much of NSW, Vic and Qld, but to take a dog companion overseas would be so cool.

    Best wishes,
    Ian (and Jack).

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much to read! It looks really interesting too. I shall return! Glad we met last night, sorry it was such a short time.

    ReplyDelete

Flickr slideshow