Sunday, September 07, 2008

Hang it all



With thousands upon thousands of photos from the European expedition, I've been struggling a bit with which ones to throw up on the walls around my home. I may be the only person around with a facsimile triptych of their blog banner over the lounge, but there are a few other bits and pieces around now.



I've been toying with some collages, and I'm pleased to see that the new Picasa 3 adds some really nifty new presentation means (which I've been playing with in the last bout of blog posts). Below is a draft of a collage of our Europe Spring 2007 tour, with one picture for each of the 104 days Bondi and I spent breezing through 20 countries, and of some other collected favourites.




I've also been experimenting with the trial version of the AutoCollage program from Microsoft Research Cambridge. Unfortunately Microsoft has not worked out to make it available to people outside the US or EU due to a resounding ignorance of how credit cards might work. It's intriguing but the cost is very high for a trial program (Picasa is free and does much more).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Flickr slideshow