Saturday, February 28, 2009

El Loco & El Lobo: El Libro

20090228 Ariel, Car & Sofa

I've been remiss in my blogging this month, which does not reflect the amount of things going on.

I had a semi-major birthday with many friends around to celebrate. One special surprise was a trunk load of effects of my great grandmother, the swimmer Beatrice Kerr, a century old collection of photographs, newspaper clippings and posters of her career as a speedy but ornamental swimmer and diver. The very next day I got a call from a researcher at the National Maritime Museum to enquire after material on her they could use for a swimsuit exhibition later this year. Some days after that I was introduced to Australian gold medallist diver Matthew Mitcham and happened to have some scanned photos of Beatrice on my phone that I was able to show him. There's a lot of fascinating material coming out of that trunk, and I have set up a separate blog to display it all.

Munson had his first lesson in a round of intermediate dog training this afternoon and was very well behaved through it all. The above photo collage shows Bondi as I found him when we got home from the park.

The big news is I am working on a book covering my European adventures with Bondi. I've put down some thoughts in recent months and have ideas on how to develop the material, but there's a lot of pre-trip material about how we came to set off on the journey, not to mention the logistics of making it happen. Needless to say, this is to be a connected-up story of our time rather than a simple copy-and-paste job from the blog.

Since there are so many regular readers of El Loco & El Lobo, I would like to ask you what your favourite entries or themes might be, plus what you'd like to know about our journeys that didn't get covered by the blog. Sometimes when I flick through random entries I can see that I didn't write up any or all of a day's events as I simply ran out of time or energy.

Feel free to use the comments section or just email me directly, even if it's just a few words of encouragement.

7 comments:

  1. Khongrats!

    I've not been reading woo long enough to have a suggestion BUT I'll be looking furward to seeing anything and evfurrything!

    Nice pikh too!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:40 am

    Just found your blog recently So pleased you are writing about your adventures with Bondi.....can't wait to read the book.
    Munson and Bondi are a beautiful pair.
    We, also have two dogs, Kerry Blue Terriers, that are the joy of our lives.
    Kerry On and happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:55 pm

    Michael I would love to read your book....get to it!
    Stacey Williams

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hopeful that the book will include photographs? Sounds like a great project in addition to the work you'll be doing related to your late great-grandmother.

    Happy birthday!

    Word verfication: oboyok. Oh, boy, ok!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is likely to be a photo-block in the book, but if you want to see a deluxe photo-version of the book you'll either have to persuade millions of your friends to buy the original edition, or I'll have to make time to produce my own photo-album via POD (print on demand).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perhaps you can have a section on language, with useful key phrases you have learnt in different languages. You know where I'm going with that one...

    You could try and get it sponsored by a coffee chain, since approximately 37% of your traveling/blogging was about trying to find somewhere to buy some. Of course, that might conflict with your current dog sponsorship, and I'd hate for you to have to change his name to Starbuck :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:00 pm

    I enjoy reading anything and everything about Bondi, not that other stories are uninteresting but Bondi takes the centre stage! :-)

    KJ

    ReplyDelete

Flickr slideshow