Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The luckiest man in the world

P3250004

Ten years ago I took home a meek little puppy with a starry white blaze draped over his crown who made me the luckiest man in the world.

Three days ago I took him for treatment of a relatively small issue, which revealed a life-threatening condition and a recent history of intense pain that made me feel that the sky had been falling in for months and I was only going to see the dust settle under a black firmament. However with all that, my life is infused with memories of him and with the warm glow of love from all those have met him or shared his story in recent years, enough light and heat to replace every star in the sky. That still makes me the luckiest man in the world.

Today I visited Bondi in the hospital, looking a bit sorry for himself with stitches, shaved skin and morphine, but then he sat up and inclined his head into my cupped hand, and I knew he was going to pull through. I am indeed the luckiest man in the world.

P3250001 P3250002

P3250003

4 comments:

  1. And we are among some of the lukhkiest readers!

    Do woo want me to keep the fluff Mom khombs/brushes out and send it to him?

    He's a lukhky pup to have a dad that khares soooo much fur him!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankk goodness he's pulling through - I think we've all been holding our collective breath...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bondi is indeed also one of the luckiest pups in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear he's doing OK...all the best...

    ReplyDelete

Flickr slideshow