Saturday, February 06, 2010

Tasmania - Hobart I

P1000308 

The ignominy of waking up on my own birthday in a trailer park (following earlier birthdays starting French lessons in Paris, or dog-sledding in the Arctic) was greatly magnified by Jonnie and a stuffed penguin toy singing Happy Birthday from their top-bunk.

We checked out of the park and drove down to Hobart where we'll be based for the next few nights. Melinda, one of Peter's friends, has generously offered her house for that time.

We started with a walk through the Salamanca weekend markets and then a big brunch at machine, laundry/cafe.

P1000314

Following the suicide of my main camera two weeks ago, leaping from a cupboard to early retirement as a pile of lego fragments, I got a new camera, which I've been busily tested on this trip. After all the walking over the last two days, I was quite happy to split my afternoon between playing on Melinda's piano and testing the macro functions in her garden.

P1000340  P1000345

Birthday dinner at Fish 349 restaurant to close out the day.

1 comment:

Flickr slideshow