Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Bondi's World

A couple of weeks ago I prepared this short tribute to Bondi for the Queerscreen Pet Project competition. It was a very much last-minute effort  - I started it at midnight on the day of the deadline and finished it around 5.30am.

I just had a call to say that the film won their Audience Choice award. Unfortunately I wasn't notified of the screening at the local Dendy Newtown cinema on Sunday so I've missed the chance to see it on a big screen :-(.

Here is the YouTubized version for you. Apologies for the occasional wanders in the synchronization between narration and photos - the software I was using was a  little erratic. It also  truncated the end credits. I actually delivered two oh-so-slightly different edits to the competition organisers, but not sure which was screened. The main difference was due to "distant nudity" in one photo, but since I've now declared my hand on public nudity, I've uploaded that earlier edit, which also has uncorrected caption typos and layouts.

Oh yes, and I've won a year's supply of flea treatments. Next time I'll get Munson to make the film, as I think he needs it more than me….

8 comments:

  1. Oh...

    Bondi had more of a life than many humans could ever dream of - or be brave enough to try for...

    What an incredible peace...

    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, honest film. Any wonder the audience loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! No wonder the audience left in tears...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely wonderful, heartwarming, and full of so many memories for you. I cried my eyes out from the moment it started. Bondi was such a special boy. You were both so lucky to have each other.

    Congratulations on winning Audience Choice!!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic video. Very moving and heartfelt. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful! Bondi was a angel walking amoung us wasn't he? How lucky are you that God allowed you to care for His angel too!

    Thank you for sharing his life with us and showing so many people what the really important things in life are!

    Carol, Flurry, Aja, and our goofy parrots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mike, Bondi was beautiful (and enormous) and you were both lucky to be in each other's lives. Congratulations on your award.

    Huffle and her mum in Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete

Flickr slideshow