Friday, June 25, 2010

Packing: a stately dance

The removalists arrive to pack up the house in one week!

I have a tenant due to move in on the day I fly out, so with no more tenancy inspections I can now afford the messiness of pulling everything out of cupboards for inspection and possible discard.

I’ve got a bit of this ‘n’ that to do every day so that there’s less in total to be packed, and less of a jumble in the actual boxes. Next step is to pack the  travelling bags with my requirements for the next 3 months or so.

I think Munson has finally worked out that something is going on as there’s less floor space to flop down on with so many piles of crates, and open boxes sitting in nearly every room. More often than not he goes and sits next to the piano where he doesn’t have to dodge me wandering around the house with objects large and small.

Vance and Mêmé have generously offered me a bed for the final two nights. I’ll have Munson collected an extra day earlier by the pet transport folks so I can do last chores, and his food and exercise will be taken care of. It will only be a 3 day separation until I see him in London.

Nervous? excited? Oh yes.

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you!! What a great adventure. Best of luck mate.

    ReplyDelete

Flickr slideshow