Saturday, July 10, 2010

First swims, first runs

Munson & Panos  

After scoring only a few hours sleep, my plans for today were much less ambitious. I spent the morning with local friends in the vicinity of Munson’s. Panos mentioned that there might have been some voting irregularities in the poll to name my new pup in 2008. I calculated that having been in Sydney for 31 months, we’d been away for a month of months.

At 2pm Chris and I took Munson for a Thames walk. We followed the northern side of the river from Kew Bridge to Chiswick Bridge, crossed over and then allowed Munson in for a swim. The temperature was only around 30 but with the humidity felt much worse. We lunched at a riverside pub The Ship before heading back along the cooler south side. Munson scuttled down the embankment again for more swimming, and we had to wait hundred metres upriver for him to rejoin us on land.

Munson swimming near Chiswick BridgeP1010637

Home at 5, I finished reading Hitch-22 and fell asleep on the sofa. Woke at 5am with Munson lying beside me.

1 comment:

  1. Panayiotis4:47 am

    Who is that handsome hairy one?

    Hope all is well.

    Love Mr Px

    ReplyDelete

Flickr slideshow