Monday, September 13, 2010

Working dogs

View from party room

working dogs

Summer’s heat is at last beginning to falter, the sunflowers turning down their heads in sorrow.

The farm move-in date approacheth and so we had a little working bee today to start clearing the dust and detritus from the main house, which has been unoccupied for some time. My container from Australia is being delivered at the end of the week and with my quarters unavailable till November, I’ve got the party annexe to live in.

Today’s work: removing spiders, birds’ nests and many old issues of Paris Match from said annexe. With the windows flung open, this view to the north over a field of corn is subtly enhanced by the aroma of armagnac casks from the cellar below.

2 comments:

  1. I can see Munson is immersing himself into the task!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always amazed how good the lighting is out here. You look way better in that photo than you did in person - I blame the lighting. Our the local diet.

    ReplyDelete

Flickr slideshow