Monday, November 22, 2010

Zélie

2010-11-22 Vines

Another afternoon in the vineyards, but it’s a solo turn today ( Munson’s cheery accompaniment notwithstanding ). Jean’s left for the hospital in Auch, and after Brent’s gotten the Munsoneers off to school, and I’ve driven him to the hospital and now we have the farm to ourselves.

I’ve worked up my own technique for pulling out the vine-poles, zigzagging up a pair of rows as if lacing a pair of boots. It just takes about 45 minutes and quite a bit more grunting to do this particular pair.

I’ve set my alarm to remind myself to pick the Munsoneers up when the schoolbus arrives. About two minutes before the yellow bus pulls up at the entrance to the farm, I get a message from Brent that they have a new girl, and so I have the pleasure of telling the Munsoneers (and the bus-driver) that they have a new sister Zélie.

I have a few hours of babysitting to do, and it’s easiest to just have everyone in the villa where I can keep them warm and supervised at the same time. Ranging in age from 3 to 8, they’re the perfect age for being introduced to the works of Ingmar Bergman, so I slip The Seventh Seal into the DVD player. If this goes well, we should be able to progress to Cries and Whispers by the end of the week. If not, then it’ll be Pixar’s Up.

Death in pink spectacles, contemplates her next chess move

2 comments:

  1. Welcome To 'Quattro'!

    I'll lift a glass to Zelie and her healthy arrival later this evening!

    BTW, SQUIRREL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And those grape vine trunks are great for bbq fuel, too.

    Happy to hear and see that Munson's back to his young self!

    ReplyDelete

Flickr slideshow