Saturday, December 04, 2010

Bright days

PC041074

PC041068

While snow reports abound in France and the UK, the cold weather in the Gers has been mostly limited to a few chilly nights and frosty mornings.

This morning’s sun broke over the vineyards to the east like a gentle warming nova, more than enough to have me out of bed by the crack of 10.

I’m not-so-secretly hoping for a real snow fall here, but we’re in a mild band between the colder north, and the Pyrénéan heights to the south. Munson will have to wait for a special trip to the snowfields.

PC041067_stitch morning sun

3 comments:

  1. The crack of ten. That's very close to wine o'clock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sun looks beautiful....This morning when it is colder than -40 where I am, I am quite jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog!
    What wonderful photos!
    What a great looking canine!
    I like exclamation marks!

    ReplyDelete

Flickr slideshow