Thursday, December 16, 2010

Munson, this is snow. Snow, this is Munson.

PC161366

Jean and I were heading out for a big day of shopping, which meant that Munson would have to stay home. Just before 8am I put Snow Dogs on the DVD to entertain him with some doggie sights and sounds while I was out, and then opened the window shutters. Is it frosty out? No it’s actually snowing.

I quickly let the big boy out to experience it for himself. We only got a light dusting, but it seems the lakes are all as frozen as the water in his outside bowl. I hope it will also put paid to all the ticks which seem to be still very active through even the subzero temperatures.

When Munson joined my household two and a half years ago(!) I was confident that I would introduce him to his cafe namesake and to snow. Everything after these two can only be anticipated, an anticipation which can be reframed through Mark Twain’s exhortation:

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

 

PC161371 PC161374

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to BOTH of you!

    Those pics so made me smile
    AND
    Made Khyra snoof some of what we currently have courtesy of today's dusting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't snow the the most grand thing EVER??!!!!!

    I sure hope you enjoy it Munson! It's also quite tasty, too!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo there little Munson~
    Snow is the BEST!! Woo look as happi as a Mal in snow!! Oh, wait...you ARE a Mal in snow!!
    Enjoi
    Your pal,
    Summiiii

    ReplyDelete

Flickr slideshow