Sunday, January 02, 2011

FIGEAC area: Hey Hey We’re the Donkees

Bees to honey nougat

If you raise bees, then you’re on the way to making your own honey nougat!

2011-01-01 DAMIEN -4 For our first lunch of the new year, we visited Anne & Alain’s farm high on a rocky mount south of Figeac. After negotiating the steep road to their property and looking at the singular terrain, my first conclusion was that they raised free range stones.

After a beautiful lunch in the house they’d built beside an ancient stone barn, we walked around the property – me being scrupulously careful to avoid going any near the falaise. That would be a cliff for acrophobes like me. Anyway, I had more pressing issues, as when I peered out over the door of the outdoor dunny, and wondered big ass like that could fit in there.

I think donkeys may be as photogenic as malamutes – and they’re sooo curious about everything.


Hey Hey We're the Donkees

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flickr slideshow