Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Bonjour nuages, bonjour ciel

Hullo clouds, hullo sky, hullo contrails

Drawing the curtains from my bedroom each morning presents a new soothing version of the prospect over the vineyards. I don’t know how much longer those vines will last, or if that shed will last through another tempest, but the morning contrails of aircraft passing back and forth over the Pyrenees are sure to go on and on.

It’s been a quiet month here at Lake Désolé-sur-Gers, as I work around the house and in particular, try to recover the environment around the little lake from its woebegone state. Spring seems to have arrived early – I’ve been in tee-shirt, shorts and sandals for days. The bulbs planted in November are pushing through quite aggressively. My head-cold lingers ever on, so choir has been abandoned I can breathe properly or the universe thinks I can sing without scaring the notes off the page, whichever comes first.

1 comment:

  1. It was unseasonable warm here this weekend too. We had 62 degrees F on Sunday! Now my yard is a swamp cuz all my show is melting! A week ago it was below zero!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete

Flickr slideshow