Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My new best friend

The main pollen irritant that’s been aggravating me for several weeks seems to have dispersed in recent days. I doubt if I could tell you what day it was most days. I’ve been housebound and befuddled through most of April, barely leaving the farm except for a mandatory paperwork visit to Toulouse before Easter and a couple of quick supermarket raids.

I’ve stopped sneezing and scratching, but my eyes are still causing me a lot of grief. There’s something different around which is making my eyes sting rather than itch. It’s not a huge improvement, but the cessation of sneezing means I’m not totally drained of energy by mid-morning.

Jean made the brilliant suggestion that I get an air purifier/ioniser to clean up the air in the house. I ordered one online last week and it arrived after lunchtime today. I put it on in the corner of the room, set it for a two cycle, and forgot about it. About ninety minutes later I realised I felt sooo much better and I’ve been able to punch out a few posts here covering late April.

Welcome friendly purificateur ioniseur d’air: I wish I’d invited you sooner.

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes! I can't believe I didn't think of that! We have one in our family room AND the bedroom! They definitely help!

    Glad you are feeling better!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete

Flickr slideshow