Saturday, June 11, 2011

Paper chase

Rutt-Etra-Izer

The last month has not all been puppies and kittens. The race to get significant documents before the end of my first year in France has yielded a driver’s license, an attestation of public health insurance (until a carte vitale arrives) which has my French social security number, and today a récépissé de demande de Carte de Séjour. This last piece is a receipt showing that I’ve submitted all the necessary paperwork to renew my visitor’s visa, and is good for three months from today (ie to early September). I imagine this will produce a physical carte de séjour to replace the decorations in my passport that I’ve had to date. The system changed for non-EU visitors in 2009 – rather confusingly because it’s not a well-communicated change either to visitors or to the various branches of the public service who interact with them  – and I’ve not encountered anyone else who’s come through the post-2009 system. 

Back to the kittens and puppies:

Griff whispers

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with it. The French do paper chases really well! Us EU nationals don't always remember how lucky we are with regard to how easy it is to live in a different European country.

    ReplyDelete

Flickr slideshow