Wednesday, December 14, 2011

TOULOUSE Marché de Noël

Toulouse Place du Capitole #1
Another big Xmas fair today, not as cosy as the one at Fourcès, but definitely streets ahead of Bordeaux’s. Munson stayed home today so that we’d have a bit more flexibility getting around town. Normally I’d drive into Toulouse early to make a day of it, but to avoid the lunch-time doldrums and to see the evening illuminations (sunset is 5.30ish) we hit the main square around 1pm.

6-2011-12-13 Toulouse Marché de NoëlTARDIS materialising in a window near you - €95  1-P1070556Gustav - I'm so street

Not much to report. We browsed around the central area, supped on tartiflette and glögg, raspberry-pistachio tart and chocolates-chauds. I still didn’t hear any carols sung in French although no shortage of Bing Crosby. The closest I came was a West Indian busker playing the guitar, a helium-filled Santa balloon attached to it, singing a weirdly accented Franglais version of  “The Twelve Days of Noël”.
glögg - cin chaud suedoisToulouse Marché de Noel  Toulouse Marché de Noel

Toulouse Place du Capitole #2

After I got home I discovered that one of my favourite pop performers, Keren Ann had played a concert in Toulouse this evening, an event which had not been listed in my weekly mail0ut of Toulouse events. :-(
 

2 comments:

  1. Anita3:44 pm

    A TARDIS tent???? Oh, I want one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lunchtime doldrums? You could always go have lunch... then walk it off!

    Beautiful shots, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete

Flickr slideshow