Sunday, January 22, 2012

Knitting: day 1

Knitting - day 1

I picked up the knitting needles today to begin my first project of the millennium.  I’ll provide details of the pattern I’m working to when I’m finished; for now you can see it evolve over the coming weeks.

I got much more done than expected. This is the back panel at the end of the first two balls of yarn. The yarn is held doubled which means I’m knitting two strands as if they were one. I’ve reached the end of one ball slightly ahead of the other because I cast on with a single thread. I’ve just switched to a self-striping yarn, which will become more apparent in my next report.

I realised belatedly that I forgot to incorporate some knit-in elastic in the waist band to compensate against it sagging in later life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flickr slideshow