|The circular needles required to finish the pullover arrived a few days ago, somewhat delayed by erratic post while the roads were iced over. Once I’d deployed them to pick up all the stitches around the collar, I found that the pattern was again lacking in detail. I put the needles down and went hunting online for people who had completed that pattern to solicit advice on how to read between the lines as printed. |
I finally got back to work on Monday and finished off all the knitting yesterday. Today I began doing the seams, which is the most tedious part of the project. When I laid the pieces out on the floor to pin the sleeves in place, Munson came over to investigate and proved to be fairly helpful at holding the curling edges down – until he realised he liked the smell of it, and decided he just wanted to roll in it.
The finished product will come too late to defend me against the recent cold snap – even with a last little drop of snow on Tuesday, in one day the temperature lifted enough to make our previous maximum temperature of –1C the new minimum. Tonight we’re headed for a balmy 3C – I can hear the ice cracking on the pond already!