Saturday, May 19, 2012

SWEDEN: Ancestral dress and diet

Marmite, Vegemite and I just might
2012-05-19 09.34.03Having breakfast each morning at Hugh’s allows me to have a civilised breakfast with all the mite-y food groups that Australians enjoy. OK, there’s no Promite, but that’s just icky.

The photo of Gustav faking “Stairway to Valhalla” has been added because his friends think he looks like the second coming of Kurt Cobain, and because I need a benchmark for silliness for the photos to follow.
Mike in One Piece
Inspired by yesterday’s little Miss Mauve’s outfit and by the location of the One Piece store across the road from Lilla Coffee Roasters, I tried this maroon suit. I wasn’t aware that it had a gimp mode until I put the hood up. That was a bit scary but with the millilitres of Scandinavian blood coursing through my veins I had to make a good attempt to fit in with the locals.
Munson + kilted Mike  That answers the kilt question
Fast forward to the afternoon and I’m finally dressed up for the evening party. This is the first time I’ve worn my kilt to a formal affair and I’m quite pleased that the coat works so well with it. I do have proper long kilt socks on but they keep sagging – my hummingbird tattoo just wants to be seen.

I think I have a wee bit more Scots blood in me than Swedish, but I’d have to check my genealogical charts for that. I do seem to remember though that one of my DNA profiles suggested more of the Scots genes had been passed down to me than are proportionate to my mixed ancestry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flickr slideshow