Thursday, September 20, 2012

Balcony dogs

Jessica Lange  balcony dog - Boston terrier
When I’m walking around a new city, I pay a lot of attention to ephemeral street posters which give some flavour of local entertainments. Well I’m also a compulsive reader, and even if the posters are in another language, I’m trying to ferret out bits of meaning from any word fragment that catches my eye.

In Valladolid, I saw this poster for an exhibition of photographic work by Jessica Lange. It reminded me of all the quick shots I’d taken of dog heads appearing on balconies, roof-top terraces, and out of upper-floor windows over the last two weeks. I don’t know why, but Boston Terriers are far and away the majority of the dogs we saw, on street and off.

balcony dog window dogwindow dog balcony dogbalcony dog Boston terrier - balcony dog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flickr slideshow