Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Spiderman vs Thor

Argiope de gascogne Gustav prepares for another web encounter

It was such a change for Gustav to show me a spider without first screaming for me to get the thing out of the shower. I’m guessing this is a black and yellow garden spider, a relative of the golden orb spiders so familiar to we Aussies. My closest encounter with one of them was a near nose to abdomen collision when returning to my home one evening. A golden orb had spun itself a new residence over the gate, and it was only the glint of gold illuminated by a distant street-lamp that revealed itself to me just prior to collision.

1 comment:

  1. Gah, I hate those. My Dad refused to leave the outside light on when we were teenagers, so if you'd been out at night you had to arm yourself with something to clear a path to the front door or risk a giant orb spider in your hair...could've used one of those swords

    ReplyDelete

Flickr slideshow