Sunday, November 11, 2012

28 Moomin mugs sitting on the wall

28 Moomin Mugs

Gustav’s parents have returned to Sweden but I’ve been left with a couple of early Xmas presents: two more Moomin mugs. The grand total is now 28, not counting a very injured winter special lying in pieces in a drawer. So now we can have two coffees a day for a fortnight without washing up.

At the rear you can see a stack of similarly-themed bowls, but I stopped getting those quite early on as it was more important that I can afford to feed the museum’s furator. Said individual is a bit mystified that I’m getting out so much dinnerware without a hint of scrap of food to lick from them.

UPDATE:  I reminded myself that 28 = 1+2+3+4+5+6+7 and is thus a triangular number, and so there is really only one way to present the 28 mugs:
Moomin mug pyramid (1) Moomin mug pyramid (2)
51fb0xoeAXL._SS500_
Once my brain started running in that direction, it ticked off a few more simple facts: 28 also happens to be a perfect number, because it is the sum of its positive divisors 1+2+4+7+14, and a hexagonal number 1+5+9+13, and – wait for it – the sum of the first five primes 2+3+5+7+11. Your mug should now be overflowing with arithmetic nourishment, but if you need more, then look here for more unique properties of #28, a happy and perfect number.

1 comment:

  1. We appreciated the numbers aspect of the post -

    I'm born on 8/26 - as it Khyra's Gotcha Day -

    I love my 8 and 2+6 ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Flickr slideshow