Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Munson Portrait



So here’s Howard Hardiman’s marvellous watercolour and pen rendering of little Munson, with the Isle of Wight’s Freshwater Bay as the setting. I particularly love the way he’s caught the set of Munson’s mouth, his very velvety fingerable ears and the strength that lies under the fluffy frame.

Howard is selling a range of prints in two sizes with 10% of the sale price going to the Macmillan Cancer Support as a part of the Arctic2013 fundraising project. You might also like to pick up some of his lauded Badger comics or other works.

Howard’s blog has a post detailing the process by which the portrait was composed. Whether or not you’re an artist you’ll find his description very interesting.

As for me, I can’t wait to get the original framed and hung in my home back in Sydney.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the original watercolor. I thought you meant the original Munson.

    ReplyDelete

Flickr slideshow