Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pinch me

Michael

“Pinch me” was all that Gustav could say after he’d entered the water at North Bondi this morning. This was a defining moment, he really was in Sydney now on the white sands, in the blue-green water, under the white foam.  The water temperature was about 22C, the conditions great for body surfing. I warned him earlier about aquatic dangers like the up-bear but he survived to tell the tale – or at least I await his account on I am Jack’s Beard. 

We walked around the lower end of Bondi Beach, where Gustav got his first pair of Aussie thongs, and was introduced to toasted banana bread as a coffee accompaniment. We then caught a bus up through Bondi Junction to Paddington to view the weekend markets, and then a gentle descent along Oxford Street through Darlinghurst and back to Woolloomooloo.
Pinch me Bondi Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flickr slideshow