Sunday, May 19, 2013

HUNTER VALLEY Horses to hors d’oeuvres

P1130424-6_stitch
After lunch, Pierre supplied driving directions to Prof Paul McGreevy’s horse- and dog-filled property. It was through Paul that I got to know Pierre and many of the other people I would be seeing this weekend. I hadn’t seen him since around the time of the launch of his book A Modern Dog’s Life.
P1130432  today's silly dog will be...
roadside roo
Our outdoor excursions were a lot of fun, but some of the reunions in the evening really capped the day for me. I hadn’t seen Lynn (below, admiring Munson) since I moved to Seattle fifteen years ago, and was thrilled to pick up with her as if it had been but a week gone by. Pierre’s Swedish neighbours also dropped by to reassure Gustav that he wasn’t alone in the bush.
Lynn and Munson
  Munson guards Paul's cheesekitchen life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flickr slideshow